If you like pumpkin, you must try these!! I think I could have eaten the entire batch!!! What is your favorite fall treat??? instragram photo: //// @amandarydell
Ultimate Pumpkin Bread by Amy Wilson:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour ***** I only used 1.5 cups and it was plenty sweet****
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, really soft, half melted really *** I only used 3/4 cup***
- 3 large eggs
- 1 15 oz can of pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F and spray two medium loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, spices, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the wire whisk attached, dump in the sugar. Take the butter and put it in the microwave for about 30 seconds, so that it is half melted. Dump it into the sugar. Add the eggs. Cream these three ingredients together on medium speed for about 2 minutes or until fluffy. Add the pumpkin and combine well.
- In three batches, add the dry ingredients and mix gently until each batch is just incorporated. Scrape the sides between each batch.
- Pour half of the batter into a one of the prepared pans. Fold the pecans into the remaining batter and then pour it into the other prepared pan. Bake side-by-side for about one hour or until an inserted knife comes out clean the top is golden.